Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 2.......






Today I am taking a different approach to my rehab. I chose to leave Gainesville for the weekend to just get away. I'll do what I can to rehab but right now I have to rehab my mind. 

It’s the weekend leading into spring break here at UF and I think this break is well needed for me and all of my peers. At times the stresses of school, track, regular life can be overbearing and you really just need a break from it all.

So this weekend I am taking a trip.  This blog is going to be kind of a tell all about myself Id like to think of myself as an example so I don’t have a problem telling my story!!!

I grew up in a single parent home and was raised by all women. I was raised to be a leader and to be the man of the house. There was minimal contact between my father and I... let me not say minimal there was NO contact. For as long as I can think back me and him did not have any contact whatsoever. I went through elementary, middle, high school and almost completed college before my father and I were able to meet up with each other and discuss the problems and how we were going to fix them. There have been times when I have been angry and times where I have been sad about what was going on between me and my father or shall I say WHAT WAS NOT going on between me and my father. I always felt like I did something to make him turn his back on me.  No matter how much my dad didn't talk to me I always had a soft spot for him. Even though he has never seen a report card of mine or until recently had never seen me play any sports I still had a big soft spot for the guy. It’s not explainable. I have an older brother whom I just met for the first time in 2011 and I have a younger brother who I met but we never had much contact. In August of 2011 we all stood in the same house at the same time for the 1st time in my 22 years of life. It was the first time I ever got to hear the story of my fathers drug addiction told in all its truth. He is a strong guy. He was down and out for over ten years because of the drugs and now he’s been clean for ten years It’s a moment that I will never forget

Since august we have all be making an effort to talk and to schedule visits to see one another. That’s where I’m headed to this weekend. I think going there this weekend is going to give me a chance to take my mind off my leg and to just be in a comfortable place. Not to mention it’s a pretty busy weekend in Charlotte sooooo I should be fine there. 

I think that it is important to be able to take a step back from your everyday life and get away at times. Not run away from your problems but take a step back and reevaluate what exactly is going on. I’m in pain as I type this but the pain is ok because I know it wont always be there and that I’m about to board my flight to go to a place where I can imagine that the pain doesn't exist.

A good place to end today’s blog would be with this text I received while I was sitting here writing this. 







If this did not speak to what I am going through right now I dont know what will!!! Thank you Michelle!!! 



And im GONE!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Terrell, I've been following your career from a glance ever since signing day of '07. I'm vaguely familiar with the background, and I heard the real story (not the BS from the media) from a couple dudes on the football team. If you're down for it, since you're getting real on here, what happened at Villanova from your perspective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wrote about it in my next blog... nut if you wanna know anything else feel free to ask...

      Delete
  2. What exactly do you want to know?

    ReplyDelete